Chess Tournament - Logic Puzzles
The results of a recent Chess tournament between five close rivals is described below:
Dale finished before Alex.
Emery finished after Blake.
Alex finished before Chris.
Emery finished after Dale.
Blake finished before Alex.
Dale finished after Blake.
Chris finished before Emery.
Who finished where?
Puzzle Copyright © Kevin Stone
Try re-writing each statement so they are all 'finished before'.
...then Dale, Alex, Chris, and Emery.
By placing the person who finished higher to the left we have:
1. Dale finished before Alex (Dale > Alex)
2. Emery finished after Blake (Blake > Emery)
3. Alex finished before Chris (Alex > Chris)
4. Emery finished after Dale (Dale > Emery)
5. Blake finished before Alex (Blake > Alex)
6. Dale finished after Blake (Blake > Dale)
7. Chris finished before Emery (Chris > Emery)
From 1 and 3:
Dale > Alex > Chris
Dale > Alex > Chris > Emery
Blake > Dale > Alex > Chris > Emery
Which is the final placing for all of the players, and can be double-checked with the remaining clues.
Share link: www.brainbashers.com
Note: BrainBashers has a Dark Mode setting.