BrainBashers was founded in 1997 by Kevin Stone who lives in a village near the centre of England. Kevin has had a love of puzzles since a very early age and he started to write puzzles when he was twelve.
BrainBashers grew from a small website, to the one you see today. The BrainBashers team enjoys the many comments they receive, and enjoys creating exciting and interesting puzzles.
BrainBashers puzzles have featured in newspapers, national magazines, local newsletters and blackboards all over the world. They have also appeared in many books. Many world-wide events have used the puzzles to entertain their attendees.
Kevin was commissioned to write and compile puzzles for a national UK newspaper, The Express, for six months, and a result a local newspaper, The Sentinel, ran a full page spread on BrainBashers. BrainBashers puzzles have also appeared in a number of other national UK newspapers including The Guardian and The Times. The BrainBashers team is happy to provide a quote for puzzle compilation for any use.
The same team also helps to run three other websites:
- BrainBashers Games : A collection of excellent games brought together under the BrainBashers umbrella.
- Mow Cop Castle : A website collecting photographs of a local folly overlooking the Cheshire plain (in the UK).
- niveKenotS: Kevin Stone's photography website.
- Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or comments.
Site History 2013
- The site is regulaly updated with puzzles, illusions, games, etc (plus many changes and additions).
- Here are some of the larger changes in 2013:
- Removed the Daily Crossword Quiz.
- Added 3-In-A-Row, a new Japanese-type logic puzzle.
- Added Neighbours, a new Japanese-type logic puzzle.
- Updated some of the Japanese-type logic puzzles to be more mobile platform friendly.
- Modified the puzzle page to make it easier to use on a mobile platform.
- Added an updated shortcut/bookmark image.
- Updated the states game.
- Re-added the ability to support BrainBashers.
- BrainBashers was 16 years old this year.
- Updated the Daily Bridges to be more mobile platform friendly and to use a modified generator.
- Added the Daily Acrostic.
- Added the image of the top words to Word Battle.
- Added Battleships, a new Japanese-type logic puzzle.
- Updated the print option on some of the Japanese-type logic puzzles.