BrainBashers Daily Rectangles
Solve a random Easy, Medium, Hard Japanese-type logic puzzle chosen from today's collection.
Note: If the puzzle doesn't look as it should try using 'Compatibility Mode'.
This item requires a version of Java - if you are having any problems, then please view our Java information page.
- The page was loaded with the Rectangles puzzle for December 11 [7 x 7].
- Rectangles requires Java, if the applet fails to load, then you might need to download the latest version, links to which are on the games' page.
- Objective / Rules
- You have to complete the grid such that the grid is broken down into rectangles.
- Each rectangle will contain a single number that indicates how many squares make up that rectangle.
- Rectangles that are currently the correct size will be dark grey.
- Rectangles that are dark grey are the correct size, however, this does not mean that they match the correct answer.
- Only when all rectangles are dark grey will the answer be correct.
Read the help/walkthrough page on Rectangles for a more detailed explanation and a walkthrough.
- Mouse Usage
You select rectangles by clicking in a square and dragging. Alternatively, the borders to rectangles can be added/removed by clicking the border between squares.
The board will flash once you have found the correct solution and the status bar at the bottom will say COMPLETED.
Each puzzle has exactly one solution, which can be found using logic alone and no guesses are ever required. If you think you've found another solution, then please double check the rules. If you still think you've found another solution, then please email us and we'll try to help.
- Menu Options
The page loads with the pre-determined puzzle selected for the day. However, the Java applet also lets you create puzzles of any size.