A Wolf, A Goat, And A Cabbage
River crossing puzzles:
A farmer has just visited a local market and has bought a wolf, a goat, and a cabbage. However, the shortest way home involves a river crossing, and the farmer has a very small boat, which can only carry the farmer and one of the purchases.
- Only the farmer can row the boat.
- If the farmer leaves the wolf alone with the goat you can imagine what might happen.
- Similarly, the goat would love to be left alone with the cabbage!
- Click here to see the answer.
Can you help the farmer get everything to the other side of the river?
- Click the Wolf/Goat/Cabbage to move to/from the boat.
- Click the arrow to move the boat to the other side.
- Tick 'Empty Boat On Landing' to empty the boat whenever it docks on the other side.
This puzzle is over 1,000 years old.