After the recent BrainBashers snail racing contest, the four contestants were congratulating each other.
- Only one snail wore the same number as the position it finished in.
- Alfred's snail wasn't painted yellow nor blue, and the snail who wore 3, which was painted red, beat the snail who came in third.
- Arthur's snail beat Anne's snail, whereas Alice's snail beat the snail who wore 1.
- The snail painted green, Alice's, came second and the snail painted blue wore number 4.
- Anne's snail wore number 1.
Can you work out whose snail finished where, its number and the colour it was painted?