Hidden in the grid below are 6 hidden animals, once you have crossed of the hidden animals, you should be left with seven letters, which spell another animal. The letters are hidden in sequence using the move of a chess knight. For example, if the first letter of one of the animals was the top-right F, then the second letter could only be either F or A.
The hidden animals were leopard, elephant, antelope, giraffe, kangaroo, goat:
During the recent BrainBashers cipher convention, a Morse code contest took place. The contest consisted of a Morse code transmission where the spaces between the letters and words were missing. Can you decipher the sequence and find 10 related words?
During a recent plane and train spotting contest, five eager entrants were lined up ready to be tested on their spotting ability. They had each spotted a number of planes (26, 86, 123, 174, 250) and a number of trains (5, 42, 45, 98, 105). From the clues below, can you determine what colour anorak each was wearing, their position, their age (21, 23, 31, 36, 40) and the number of trains and planes spotted?
1. Simon spotted 44 fewer trains than planes.
2. Keith was 36 years old.
3. The person on the far right was 8 years younger than Simon, and spotted 174 planes.
4. James was wearing a beige anorak and spotted 37 trains fewer than Simon.
5. The person who was wearing a green anorak, was 19 years younger than the person to the left of him.
6. Steven spotted 105 trains and 250 planes.
7. The person in the centre was 31 years old, was wearing a blue anorak and spotted 42 trains.
8. Alan, who was on the far left, spotted 26 planes, and spotted 72 trains more than planes.
9. The person who was wearing a red anorak, was 4 years older than Keith and was not next to the person wearing a blue anorak.
10.The person who was next to the 31 year old but not next to the person who spotted 26 planes, was wearing a orange anorak, and spotted 45 trains.
# Name Anorak Age Planes Trains
1 Alan red 40 26 98
2 Steven green 21 250 105
3 Simon blue 31 86 42
4 Keith orange 36 123 45
5 James beige 23 174 5
Using the BrainTracker grid below, how many words can you find? Each word must contain the central F and no letter can be used twice, however, the letters do not have to be connected. Proper nouns are not allowed, however, plurals are. There is at least one nine letter word. Excellent: 22 words. Good: 17 words. Average: 13 words.